Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
arunachalam arunachalam is offline

Default Where is insert option / overwrite existing letters in WINWORD?

dear team,

i would like to know in micro soft word where we can find CAPS Lock, Num
Lock , Scroll Lock option.

And i am unable to find the insert option in the new micro soft word option.
if i press insert button we are not able to replace the existing word. kindly
confirm where this option is provided in new micro soft word.

Regards
arunachalam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Caps Lock, Scroll Lock and Num Lock are keyboard functions.
Insert, by default, is disabled in Word 2007. You can use the Insert button
on the status bar (Right click and add it if not present) or you can turn it
on From Word Options Advanced Use the Insert Key to control overtype
mode.

arunachalam wrote:
dear team,

i would like to know in micro soft word where we can find CAPS Lock,
Num Lock , Scroll Lock option.

And i am unable to find the insert option in the new micro soft word
option. if i press insert button we are not able to replace the
existing word. kindly confirm where this option is provided in new
micro soft word.

Regards
arunachalam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arge Arge is offline

I continually remove the check mark on the Edit tab on the Overtype mode,
but after booting up it becomes checked again.

I am using Word 2003. Does anyone know how to set the default mode to "NOT"
overtype?

Arge

arunachalam wrote:
dear team,

i would like to know in micro soft word where we can find CAPS Lock,
Num Lock , Scroll Lock option.

And i am unable to find the insert option in the new micro soft word
option. if i press insert button we are not able to replace the
existing word. kindly confirm where this option is provided in new
micro soft word.

Regards
arunachalam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you cannot get the setting to stick, the Data key in the registry might
be damaged. You could try deleting it (which would also reset the options to
the factory defaults). See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

arunachalam wrote:
dear team,

i would like to know in micro soft word where we can find CAPS Lock,
Num Lock , Scroll Lock option.

And i am unable to find the insert option in the new micro soft word
option. if i press insert button we are not able to replace the
existing word. kindly confirm where this option is provided in new
micro soft word.

Regards
arunachalam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If Stefan's suggestion doesn't fix it - and even if it does the fix may only
be temporary as Word has a bad habit of changing personal settings in tools
options - then add the following line

Options.Overtype = False

to both an autonew and an autoopen macro in normal.dot - see
If you are having programs with *Windows* changing the keyboard settings on
boot-up, it is possible to remap the keys to the required settings, but
first see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203711