Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cyndiw Cyndiw is offline

Default I cannot navigate in Word 2007 with my mouse from line to line

My mouse works in Word 2007, but I cannot go up or down to another line using
my mouse. Only my pointer keys will navigate. What's up with this?

Yesterday I accidentally reset my default template, so since it was
accidental I do not know what I did. But I have used 2007 so infrequently
that I cannot recall if my mouse was working fine prior to yesterday.

Help?

Cyndiw
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cyndiw Cyndiw is offline

Sorry. I should have read further back to get to an answer. This fixed the
problem:

To resolve this problem, delete the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data registry subkey.
To do this, follow these steps:1. Exit all Office programs.
2. Click Start , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data
4. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes.
5. Exit Registry Editor.
6. Restart Word.

Cyndiw

"Cyndiw" wrote:

My mouse works in Word 2007, but I cannot go up or down to another line using
my mouse. Only my pointer keys will navigate. What's up with this?

Yesterday I accidentally reset my default template, so since it was
accidental I do not know what I did. But I have used 2007 so infrequently
that I cannot recall if my mouse was working fine prior to yesterday.

Help?

Cyndiw

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lmffblh lmffblh is offline

Cyndiw,

I'm having the same problem, tried your solution but the problem persists. I
have both Office 2003 and 2007 installed, wondering if that creates a
problem? Thanks for posting a fix, no one responded to my request.