Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben Ben is offline

Default Printing on non-standard page size

I am trying to print invitations on 5.5 x 8.5 paper. I created the
invitations in Word 2007 and changed the size to the above dimentions. When
I try to print (HP photosmart C4240 all in one printer) the text is not
centered on the page, it is off to the right and is partially cut off. What
do I need to change in printer/word settings to get these to print correctly.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Seems like it would be simpler to print two per 8.5 x 11 page and cut
them in half.

Did you change the settings in the printer to accommodate the small
paper? Did you load the paper in the place the printer expects it to
be?

On Jan 21, 11:40*pm, Ben wrote:
I am trying to print invitations on 5.5 x 8.5 paper. *I created the
invitations in Word 2007 and changed the size to the above dimentions. *When
I try to print (HP photosmart C4240 all in one printer) the text is not
centered on the page, it is off to the right and is partially cut off. *What
do I need to change in printer/word settings to get these to print correctly.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Most printer drivers cannot accommodate custom page sizes accurately and
adopt the nearest standard page size, leading to problems like that you have
described. The easiest workaround is to use a standard larger paper size and
make up the difference with the margins.