Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Johann Swart Johann Swart is offline

Default Landscape Table on Portrait Page

Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page
with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the
text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I
would like to know if there is not an easier way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Johann Swart Johann Swart is offline

Thanks Suzanne.
Not exactly plain sailing, and not very elegant as it requires a fair degree
of trial and error to get the header/footer in exactly the same place as the
other portrait pages. Perhaps the MVP community can make a suggestion in this
regard to Microsoft for future improvement?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Johann Swart" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page
with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change
the
text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table,
but I
would like to know if there is not an easier way.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Believe me, the Word MVPs have been asking for this for several versions
now. Word 2007 actually does take a small step in that direction: among the
available "building blocks" for headers and footers are headers and footers
in the side margins. Change the text direction in one of those, and you've
got a start.

http://word.mvps.org

news