Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kedar kedar is offline

Default statistical symbol for R double bar

I need an R with a double bar above it and cannot
seem to find it in Word or Excel 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Kedar

kedar wrote:
I need an R with a double bar above it and cannot
seem to find it in Word or Excel 2007

there is no special glyph for this character (well, at least I doubt
there is one in Unicode); but there is one called "combining double
overline" (U033F) which you can use.

Choose one of the "big" Unicode fonts available (Arial or Lucida Sans
Unicode should come with any Office 2007 app), type R033F and then hit
ALT+X. In an English version of Word, that's the default keyboard
shortcut to toggle between a (Uni-)code and its glyph.

In Word's insert Symbol dialog, if you choose Lucinda Sans Unicode, you
can find the glyph, its code and the keyboard shortcut relevant to your
version.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
DorisTHarbuck DorisTHarbuck is offline
Junior Member

I also want to know about it and I am glad I found my answer over here. When I was searching for it online, I also found https://www.bikethesites.com/how-to-...-presta-valve/ website where I found how to inflate presta valve. I don't know much about it and that is why I took interest in that website page to gather information.