Steve Zinger

Default Why does Word try to merge documents when I open them?

When I open a document that we use many variations of (a quotation form,
sometimes use our blank template, sometimes modify and 'save as' existing
quotation), it tries to merge the document being opened with other documents,
not neccesarily other 'quotations' . If I choose a different quotation, it
tries to merge it with a different file. This is hit and miss as far as
frequency. To the best of my knowledge, no merging has ever been on these
documents.
Peter Jamieson

Does your document or the template it is attached to, or normal.dot have any
macros in it that might be causing this behaviour?

I wasn't completely sure what was actually going wrong - when you say
"merged", are you talking about something like a mail merge, or are you
saying bits of different documents are being included into your document? If
the latter, I would want to be sure my system was virus free and would try
to follow the relevant parts of

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

even though it is trying to deal with Word crashes & is not obviously
related to your problem.

Peter Jamieson