Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Paul Paul is offline

Default Transfer bullet text from Journal body to Word headings

I've typed in a lot of text in many Outlook Journal entries as bullet
text at various levels of indentation. I was hoping there was a
clever way to transfer this text over the a Word document as various
heading levels.

For example, in the body of the journal entries, I only use bullet
text a indentation levels 0, 2, 4, etc.. I would like to transfer
these paragraphs into Word as Heading 1, 2, 3, etc.. That way, I can
uset Outline View to selectively collapse huge parts of the
information out of view.

I thought the bullet text from the Journal entry would paste into Word
as Bullet 1, 3, 4, etc., in which case I could use the Style/
Formatting pane to select all paragraphs of a particular style and set
them all to an appropriate Heading level. No such luck, all the
paragraphs are Normal+Arial,10pt.

Is there a way to accomplish this conversion? I'm using Office 2003
on Windows XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Paul

Paul wrote:
I've typed in a lot of text in many Outlook Journal entries as bullet
text at various levels of indentation. I was hoping there was a
clever way to transfer this text over the a Word document as various
heading levels.

For example, in the body of the journal entries, I only use bullet
text a indentation levels 0, 2, 4, etc.. I would like to transfer
these paragraphs into Word as Heading 1, 2, 3, etc.. That way, I can
uset Outline View to selectively collapse huge parts of the
information out of view.

I thought the bullet text from the Journal entry would paste into Word
as Bullet 1, 3, 4, etc., in which case I could use the Style/
Formatting pane to select all paragraphs of a particular style and set
them all to an appropriate Heading level. No such luck, all the
paragraphs are Normal+Arial,10pt.

do all paragraphs have the same properties (i.e., indentation etc.)? If
so, then you should be able to use the formatting pane, or
search/replace if all else fails.

Otherwise, try all the options you have for Paste Special. Maybe one
will give you different properties for different levels of your Outlook
bullets.

HTH
Robert
--