Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Peterson Jim Peterson is offline

Default Emailing Word doc as an attachment

Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can offer. One of you guys always
seems to have the answer I need.

I'm running XP Pro and Office 2007.

I have my email set up in Outlook so that when I create a new blank email it
already has my signature block in the document.

When I'm working in Word and want to send the doc I'm working as an email
attachment, I go to the MS button, select Send as an attachment and it opens
a blank Email message with the Word doc already attached. Great - except the
email message does not have my default signature block.

Is there some way to make this happen? I'm probably just missing a setting,
but so far I haven't been able to locate it.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vttotal vttotal is offline

Hi Jim,

Let me see what I can do for you to help you with this problem.

Once your email windows opens up you should see in the "include bar" the
option of "signature." I am sure that the signature you saves as the default
template in outlook will be there and you can export it to your email.

Let me know if that information helps,

--
Vicente Tulliano

"Jim Peterson" wrote:

Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can offer. One of you guys always
seems to have the answer I need.

I'm running XP Pro and Office 2007.

I have my email set up in Outlook so that when I create a new blank email it
already has my signature block in the document.

When I'm working in Word and want to send the doc I'm working as an email
attachment, I go to the MS button, select Send as an attachment and it opens
a blank Email message with the Word doc already attached. Great - except the
email message does not have my default signature block.

Is there some way to make this happen? I'm probably just missing a setting,
but so far I haven't been able to locate it.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Peterson Jim Peterson is offline

Hi Vicente:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are correct that the Signature option is shown in the "include bar"
once the email message opens. All my signatures are available and they insert
properly once selected.

What I'm wondering is if there is someway to make my "default" signature
appear automatically when the email message opens, in the same way it appears
when I create a new message directly in Outlook. This would save me needing
to select the "include bar", then the "signatures" and then the signature
desired each time I created a message from within Word or Excel.

Not a huge deal I realize, but just trying to save steps and time!

Thanks again for your reply and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Jim