Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robo Robo is offline

Default Increase productivity when inserting equations

When typing out equations, I regular use greek symbols like lambda, rho etc...

Why isn't their an "insert symbol" button on the "equation tools" design
toolbar? It would save having to flick between "Insert" and equation toolbar.

I know we can customise toolbars but this ought to be there by default.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll find symbols in the Symbols group of the Equation Tools Design tab. Click the arrow at the bottom of the Symbols group to
expand symbols. By default, you'll see the Basic Math symbols, but you can click the label to get other categories.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Robo" wrote in message ...
When typing out equations, I regular use greek symbols like lambda, rho etc...

Why isn't their an "insert symbol" button on the "equation tools" design
toolbar? It would save having to flick between "Insert" and equation toolbar.

I know we can customise toolbars but this ought to be there by default.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It's already there, if a bit hidden. (This is in Word 2007, by the way, in
case the reference to "equation tools" isn't obvious enough.)

On the Equation Tools tab of the ribbon, at the right end of the Symbols
group there are three triangular "arrows": up, down, and down with a line
over it. Click the down arrow with the line over it. At the top of the
expanded gallery it says "Basic Math" followed by a triangle. Click that to
open a menu, and choose "Greek Letters". Now the Symbols group shows all the
Greek letters. The up and down arrows at the right end will scroll the rows,
or you can click the down arrow with line to open the full gallery.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Robo wrote:
When typing out equations, I regular use greek symbols like lambda,
rho etc...

Why isn't their an "insert symbol" button on the "equation tools"
design toolbar? It would save having to flick between "Insert" and
equation toolbar.

I know we can customise toolbars but this ought to be there by
default.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Robo wrote:
When typing out equations, I regular use greek symbols like lambda,
rho etc...

Why isn't their an "insert symbol" button on the "equation tools"
design toolbar? It would save having to flick between "Insert" and
equation toolbar.

I know we can customise toolbars but this ought to be there by
default.

Equations WashingtonDC Microsoft Word Help 3 February 8th 10 08:52 PM
can I number equations on the right and inline with equations? aperlin Microsoft Word Help 3 September 17th 07 05:18 PM
Equations Aceensor Microsoft Word Help 2 April 19th 06 08:54 PM
convert pdf equations to editable MS Word equations geocalc Microsoft Word Help 3 February 7th 06 09:49 PM
equations Stephanie Microsoft Word Help 1 May 13th 05 01:10 AM