Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth Ruth is offline

Default view

Hi

I am using Word 2003. For some reason I can no longer view what the table
of contents has in it unless I go to print preview. All I see is {TOC\o
"1-2"\H\Z\\Z}
I have tried all the different Views and can not get it to go in a view that
I can edit the document and see what the table of contents states to make
sure it is correct as I am modifying the document.

Please advise.

--
Thank-you!
Ruth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

To toggle all field codes in the document in one go, Alt+F9.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi

I am using Word 2003. For some reason I can no longer view what the table
of contents has in it unless I go to print preview. All I see is {TOC\o
"1-2"\H\Z\\Z}
I have tried all the different Views and can not get it to go in a view that
I can edit the document and see what the table of contents states to make
sure it is correct as I am modifying the document.

Please advise.

--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth Ruth is offline

That worked.

Thank-you!
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi

I am using Word 2003. For some reason I can no longer view what the table
of contents has in it unless I go to print preview. All I see is {TOC\o
"1-2"\H\Z\\Z}
I have tried all the different Views and can not get it to go in a view that
I can edit the document and see what the table of contents states to make
sure it is correct as I am modifying the document.

Please advise.

--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth Ruth is offline

That worked.

Thank-you!
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi

I am using Word 2003. For some reason I can no longer view what the table
of contents has in it unless I go to print preview. All I see is {TOC\o
"1-2"\H\Z\\Z}
I have tried all the different Views and can not get it to go in a view that
I can edit the document and see what the table of contents states to make
sure it is correct as I am modifying the document.

Please advise.

--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth Ruth is offline

That worked wonderfully.

Thank-you!
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi

I am using Word 2003. For some reason I can no longer view what the table
of contents has in it unless I go to print preview. All I see is {TOC\o
"1-2"\H\Z\\Z}
I have tried all the different Views and can not get it to go in a view that
I can edit the document and see what the table of contents states to make
sure it is correct as I am modifying the document.

Please advise.

--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth Ruth is offline

That worked wonderfully.

Thank-you!
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi

I am using Word 2003. For some reason I can no longer view what the table
of contents has in it unless I go to print preview. All I see is {TOC\o
"1-2"\H\Z\\Z}
I have tried all the different Views and can not get it to go in a view that
I can edit the document and see what the table of contents states to make
sure it is correct as I am modifying the document.

Please advise.

--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Glad you got this solved.
FYI, under Tools, Options, View tab, Field codes, should now be unchecked.
TTFN
DeanH

"Ruth" wrote:

That worked wonderfully.

Thank-you!
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi

I am using Word 2003. For some reason I can no longer view what the table
of contents has in it unless I go to print preview. All I see is {TOC\o
"1-2"\H\Z\\Z}
I have tried all the different Views and can not get it to go in a view that
I can edit the document and see what the table of contents states to make
sure it is correct as I am modifying the document.

Please advise.

--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Glad you got this solved.
FYI, under Tools, Options, View tab, Field codes, should now be unchecked.
TTFN
DeanH

"Ruth" wrote:

That worked wonderfully.