Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pops2 pops2 is offline

Default Word randomly changing my figures and tables captions

I'm trying to format a large document, with over 150 tables and figures in
it. I've used captions to label them all, but I'm now finding that Word is
randomly changing some that I have specified as 'table' to 'figure' and vice
versa. This particularly seems to be happening with tables and figures that
appear on the same page, but is not restricted to these instances. As soon as
I change one caption back to the correct type, the one below will change
itself to the wrong type again! I need the captions to remain as I've entered
them for my table of figures and table of tables to be correct. Anybody have
any idea why this may be happening, and how I can sort it out?