MeriAyn

Default How do I get rid of extra space between paragraphs?

I cannot choose the option "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same
style". There is always an extra line between paragraphs. Going to
formatparagraphspacing before and after does not help. I can only add MORE
space between paragraphs. Why does this stupid program add extra space
between paragraphs anyway? FRUSTRATING!!!

Graham Mayor

Rename normal.dot to oldnormal.dot which will reset your standard document
template to defaults. The normal paragraph style does not include spacing.
You then need to investigate the use of styles for formatting your documents
or you are never going to get anywhere with Word. (Note normal.dot is a
hidden file in recent Word versions, so you will have to configure Windows
Explorer to display hidden files in order to locate the file.)

MeriAyn wrote:
I cannot choose the option "Don't add space between paragraphs of the
same style". There is always an extra line between paragraphs.
Going to formatparagraphspacing before and after does not help. I
can only add MORE space between paragraphs. Why does this stupid
program add extra space between paragraphs anyway? FRUSTRATING!!!

Stefan Blom

The option you're referring to is only available when modifying a
paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP