Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gis

Default mail merge data source

Word 2000 allows you to view the data source under the edit data source
button. How do you do this in Word 2003?
(we view data source...then print it & template for records)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use a Directory type mailmerge main document in which you have the
mergefields in the cells of a one row table. When you execute that merge to
a new document it will contain a row of data for each record in the data
source.

From the View menu, select Toolbars and then check the Mail Merge toolbar.
The third button from the left hand end of that toolbar will let you view
the datasource.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"gis" wrote in message
Word 2000 allows you to view the data source under the edit data source
button. How do you do this in Word 2003?
(we view data source...then print it & template for records)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Snazbaz

That works for me, but the Edit button is greyed out so that I cannot edit
any of the records. Can you help please?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a Directory type mailmerge main document in which you have the
mergefields in the cells of a one row table. When you execute that merge to
a new document it will contain a row of data for each record in the data
source.

From the View menu, select Toolbars and then check the Mail Merge toolbar.