Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tami

Default Moving margins & changes in footers

I set up a document in Word with a footer. I add to this document every week.
The footer is set up with a 10 pt font with the document's name in bold,
black and the page number in the far right margin at an 8pt font. The
footer's margins are set at .25".

The problem is that every time the main document moves to the next page,
four empty lines are ADDED to the footer and the font color and size of the
document's name in the footer turn to white and 11pts.

So, each time text from the first page moves to the second page, to ensure
it's set up right, I have to go into the footer, delete the empty lines and
change the font size and color of the document's name (in the footer). Why
does this happen? What am I doing wrong? What can I do to stop this? It's
getting very frustrating. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tami

My footer is simply the document's name and page number of number of pages
(eg Page 1 of 2). The same footer is used on all pages. What's a "StyleRef"
field?

"Tami" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You didn't answer whether you have "Different first page" enabled on the
Layout tab of Page Setup, but it sounds as if you do. You need to open your
template, insert a page break (Ctrl+Enter), and delete the content of the
Footer that appears on page 2. If you don't want a separate First Page
Footer, then clear the check box for "Different first page" and set up the
Footer the way you want it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What is the content of the footer? Any StyleRef fields? Do you have a
separate First Page Footer?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.