Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DSilda

Default Can the OED be used with Microsoft Word 2000?

I would like to be able to use my Oxford English Dictionary as the default
program for spell check in Microsoft Office 2000. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RFNpbGRh?=,

I would like to be able to use my Oxford English Dictionary as the default
program for spell check in Microsoft Office 2000. Is this possible?

You'll need to ask the manufacturer of the tool whether they provide an
Add-in interface so that it integrates with Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

No, sorry.

The OED CD Version 3.1 enables you to look up words from within Word, but
OED does not yet produce a spelling dictionary for Microsoft Word that can
replace the built-in default.

Cheers

On 8/3/06 2:34 PM, in article
, "DSilda"
wrote:

I would like to be able to use my Oxford English Dictionary as the default
program for spell check in Microsoft Office 2000. Is this possible?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410