Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick Hammett

Default Adding a literal to the TOC

I'm using Word 2003.

The prescribed format for chapter headings within my document is CHAPTER ONE
and then on the next line the chapter name, INTRODUCTION. However, the
prescribed format for the chapter headings within the TOC is CHAPTER ONE.
INTRODUCTION, all on the same TOC line. I tried changing the word
INTRODUCTION to normal text within the document and then adding the word
INTRODUCTION to the CHAPTER ONE line in the TOC, but when I update the TOC
the word INTRODUCTION disapears. Is there any way to add the literal so that
it is not effected by a TOC update ?

--
RH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick Hammett

I wonder what I'm missing. Which part of
"http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm" helps me do what I need to
do?

--
RH

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm

"Rick Hammett" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003.

The prescribed format for chapter headings within my document is CHAPTER

ONE
and then on the next line the chapter name, INTRODUCTION. However, the
prescribed format for the chapter headings within the TOC is CHAPTER ONE.
INTRODUCTION, all on the same TOC line. I tried changing the word
INTRODUCTION to normal text within the document and then adding the word
INTRODUCTION to the CHAPTER ONE line in the TOC, but when I update the TOC
the word INTRODUCTION disapears. Is there any way to add the literal so

that
it is not effected by a TOC update ?

--
RH