Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stephan Laska Stephan Laska is offline

Default reference a cell in another table

Hi all,
I created a test page to see if I can get this to work
I created two tables on a page,
highlighted one table, did insert-bookmark and called it 'source'
I filled the cells with various values

I went to the next table and tried to get the a value
from any cell to appear in the second table. didn't happen.
my formula was {=source A2 }

what am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

If your values are numerical you would use {=Sum(source A2)}

If the values are text you would need to create bookmarks for each cell
in the source table and used REF fields in the destination table.

Stephan Laska wrote:
Hi all,
I created a test page to see if I can get this to work
I created two tables on a page,
highlighted one table, did insert-bookmark and called it 'source'
I filled the cells with various values

I went to the next table and tried to get the a value
from any cell to appear in the second table. didn't happen.
my formula was {=source A2 }

what am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi Stephan,

maybe like this:

{ = REF Test \* MERGEFORMAT }

whereby "Test" is my bookmark's name.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stephan Laska Stephan Laska is offline

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
oups.com...
If your values are numerical you would use {=Sum(source A2)}

ah, so I need to use SUM even though I am only "summing" one cell.

If the values are text you would need to create bookmarks for each cell
in the source table and used REF fields in the destination table.

yikes! too much work! lol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

There is another way. Copy the source cell text and paste special
paste as link in the destination cell. This creates an OLE link in the
destination cell to the source cell.

Very similiar to the REF method, but not as labor intensive.

Stephan Laska wrote:
oups.com...