Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jmbird jmbird is offline

Default How can I use a font from MS Word 98?

I have a series of documents created in MS Word 98 using the font Arrus BT.
That font is not available in XP. The old files open with Arrus BT. I would
like to add to the documents and create new ones using that font. Is there
any way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Word and the other applications use whatever fonts you've installed on the
computer in question. There is no 'availability' of particular fonts in XP.
In this case, you need to go back to wherever you got Arrus from in the
first place (it might have come with some other software, or perhaps you
once bought a CD of graphics and fonts), and re-install it from there; or do
a Google and find a download site.

You can check here http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx
for the fonts provided with various Microsoft products. Arrus isn't amongst
them.

"jmbird" wrote in message
I have a series of documents created in MS Word 98 using the font Arrus BT.
That font is not available in XP. The old files open with Arrus BT. I
would
like to add to the documents and create new ones using that font. Is
there
any way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Arrus does not seem to have been supplied with any MS product (according to
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx). I have Arrus, which
I apparently got with WordPerfect 6.0, though it is a Bitstream font.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Default font - possible bulletproof fix in Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 January 14th 05 09:14 PM