Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henslow Henslow is offline

Default Can't remove extra table row spacing -- checked all known attribut

Since Word 2003, I sometimes receive document drafts from authors where the
tables have extra spacing in some or all of the rows.

I have checked that set row height is turned off, that spacing is set to
single, and that there's 0 points of space above and below the paragraph.
Under default cell margins, I have set top and bottom margins to 0. This has
no effect on the extra spacing.

However, I notice that when I OK my selection to set margins to 0, and then
fields are shown as blank, rather than showing 0. This happens to the problem
tables even if I only have a single cell selected.

Has anyone run across this problem? Is it just a table bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Richard O. Neville Richard O. Neville is offline

Turn on the Show Paragraphs function, and see whether there are paragraph
marks in the affected cells. These could cause unwanted vertical spacing.

"Henslow" wrote in message
Since Word 2003, I sometimes receive document drafts from authors where
the
tables have extra spacing in some or all of the rows.

I have checked that set row height is turned off, that spacing is set to
single, and that there's 0 points of space above and below the paragraph.
Under default cell margins, I have set top and bottom margins to 0. This
has
no effect on the extra spacing.

However, I notice that when I OK my selection to set margins to 0, and
then
fields are shown as blank, rather than showing 0. This happens to the
problem
tables even if I only have a single cell selected.

Has anyone run across this problem? Is it just a table bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henslow Henslow is offline

Default Can't remove extra table row spacing -- checked all known attr

I leave that on almost all the time. It's not that either. Does this group
allow url's? A screenshot of the problem is at:

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image1po7.jpg

Sample 2 is what I want. I could force the row height on the aberrant rows,
but shouldn't have to.

"Henslow" wrote in message
Since Word 2003, I sometimes receive document drafts from authors where
the
tables have extra spacing in some or all of the rows.

I have checked that set row height is turned off, that spacing is set to
single, and that there's 0 points of space above and below the paragraph.
Under default cell margins, I have set top and bottom margins to 0. This
has
no effect on the extra spacing.

However, I notice that when I OK my selection to set margins to 0, and
then
fields are shown as blank, rather than showing 0. This happens to the
problem
tables even if I only have a single cell selected.

Has anyone run across this problem? Is it just a table bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henslow Henslow is offline

I figured it out. For some reason, Word would not display the actual Top and
Bottom cell margins for those differing rows. When I cut all but one row,
then the setting did show up -- set at .05". Once I changed it to 0, I was
able to paste the other rows back in, and they came in at 0.

I also checked a different table with the same problem. On that one, I was
able to get cell margins to show up on the cell tab of the table options. The
margins showed up as .05", and the box was checked for "Same as the whole
table." By turning off that option, I was able to change the margins to 0",
and then the problem was fixed.

So, another quirk, but at least solvable. If anyone wondered where in the
heck I'm looking at these settings (and actually cared), they are shown at
the images below:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2201/image2ce6.jpg
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/2643/image3on5.jpg

"Henslow" wrote:

Since Word 2003, I sometimes receive document drafts from authors where the
tables have extra spacing in some or all of the rows.

I have checked that set row height is turned off, that spacing is set to
single, and that there's 0 points of space above and below the paragraph.
Under default cell margins, I have set top and bottom margins to 0. This has
no effect on the extra spacing.

However, I notice that when I OK my selection to set margins to 0, and then
fields are shown as blank, rather than showing 0. This happens to the problem
tables even if I only have a single cell selected.

Has anyone run across this problem? Is it just a table bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Since the Cell Options dialog box is for cell-specific settings, it
cannot correctly *display* those if the selection consists of multiple
cells with conflicting settings.

However, as you've seen, you can use the dialog box *change* the
settings for multiple cells at the same time.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Henslow" wrote:

Since Word 2003, I sometimes receive document drafts from authors

where the
tables have extra spacing in some or all of the rows.

I have checked that set row height is turned off, that spacing is

set to
single, and that there's 0 points of space above and below the

paragraph.
Under default cell margins, I have set top and bottom margins to

0. This has
no effect on the extra spacing.

However, I notice that when I OK my selection to set margins to 0,

and then

margin