Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mz mz is offline

Default Inserting thumbnail images into Table & linking to full image

Greetings,

I posted a HTML question earlier and in the process thought of something
that might work even better if the option were available.

To recap, I have a small personal collection of "stuff." My inventory is
maintained as a simple table in a Word document.

Each row is one item. The last column of each row is an HTML link to an
image folder that resides outside the document and elsewhere on my computer.

Clicking the link takes you to the image of that item so you can see what it
looks like. Works quite well for my purposes.

However, does anyone know of a way to insert a thumbnail image into a table
cell, so that clicking on it would link to the full size image? Perhaps
some 3rd party software?

I know I can insert a pic which Word will resize to something like a
thumbnail, but there aren't a lot of resizing options or links available --
unless I'm misunderstanding the instructions for use.

Thanks,

mz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You need two versions of each pictu the thumbnail, inserted into your
document, and the full size image stored as a separate file. Select the
thumbnail, then Insert Hyperlink, and select the fullsize version filename
as the hyperlink target.