Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default Date insertion.

When I type the first four letters of the month,I can hit enter and the
entire month is inserted. When I hit the space bar, the rest of the date does
not appear. If I type in the entire month and then hit the space bar the
entire date appears and I can hit enter and the date will appear. Why does
the entire date not appearafter the month is completed by autocomplete?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UGF1bA==?=,

When I type the first four letters of the month,I can hit enter and the
entire month is inserted. When I hit the space bar, the rest of the date does
not appear. If I type in the entire month and then hit the space bar the
entire date appears and I can hit enter and the date will appear. Why does
the entire date not appearafter the month is completed by autocomplete?

Because that's how it was designed to work. Sounds stupid, I know, but that is
the explanation. Probably, the decision was made because month names are often
used without a day/date, and it would just be too much hassle to have to tell
Word to NOT include the day/date. For the reverse of the problem, consider what
happens if you type the year and don't want a full date in the standard ISO
format. This drives lots of people nuts.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)