Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tony McNair Tony McNair is offline

Default Sharepoint document as data source

I get an error wehen I try and open a document from a sharepoint document
library as a datasource

When I open the the file from a network place it says file not valid (as it
has been retrieved from a network place it has a http prefix)

Any Suggestions

thanks

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The only way I know of that works is to map a drive (e.g. using Windows
Explorer) to the Sharepoint folder, and access the source file via that
share.

e.g. if the file is in a folder at http://companyweb/General Documents then
I can map (say) Z: to

\\companyweb\General Documents

(I hope those are both readable at your end)

However, I do not know exactly what conditions have to exist for you to do
that. I suspect it relies on the fact that Sharepoint servers are
webdav-compliant and that recent versions of Windows (and/or Office) have
the necessary webdav client software to make this kind of connection
possible.

Peter Jamieson