Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rupert Bear Rupert Bear is offline

Default keyboard shortcuts

When I want to see what is on the clipboard or select and paste one of the
items I know to be on it, I simply click "Ctrl + c + c", when finished, is
there a keyboard shortcut to minimise it rather than have to use the mouse
please, or can one be set up? [using XP 2003 professional with SP 2] Thanks
in advance. RB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Ctrl+F1 toggles the opening and closing of any task pane, including
the clipboard.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 07:15:01 -0800, Rupert Bear
wrote:

When I want to see what is on the clipboard or select and paste one of the
items I know to be on it, I simply click "Ctrl + c + c", when finished, is
there a keyboard shortcut to minimise it rather than have to use the mouse
please, or can one be set up? [using XP 2003 professional with SP 2] Thanks
in advance. RB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:

When I want to see what is on the clipboard or select and paste one of the
items I know to be on it, I simply click "Ctrl + c + c", when finished, is
there a keyboard shortcut to minimise it rather than have to use the mouse
please, or can one be set up? [using XP 2003 professional with SP 2] Thanks
in advance. RB

Many thanks Jay. As usual the answer can be so simple, just one or two
clicks. However! the same shortcut does not close the €śSymbol€ť pane, -that is
if it is regarded as a pane- that I have discovered just by chance is
achieved by hitting the €śEnter€ť key twice. Still on the subject of the
€śClipboard€ť, is there a similar shortcut to €śClear All€ť the contents from it?
I am on a mission to make my mouse as redundant as possible so much so that I
have already assigned about 40 such shortcuts which now only require me to
memorise them, till then I have a printed list in front to of me. Thanks
again to all the helpers at MVP, a Merry Christmas to you & all those who
read this much appreciated forum. Regards Rupert.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 11:19:00 -0800, Rupert Bear
wrote:
Many thanks Jay. As usual the answer can be so simple, just one or two
clicks. However! the same shortcut does not close the “Symbol” pane, -that is
if it is regarded as a pane- that I have discovered just by chance is
achieved by hitting the “Enter” key twice. Still on the subject of the
“Clipboard”, is there a similar shortcut to “Clear All” the contents from it?
I am on a mission to make my mouse as redundant as possible so much so that I
have already assigned about 40 such shortcuts which now only require me to
memorise them, till then I have a printed list in front to of me. Thanks
again to all the helpers at MVP, a Merry Christmas to you & all those who
read this much appreciated forum. Regards Rupert.

If the Symbol dialog you mean is the one reached from Insert ribbon
Symbol More Symbols, then it's a dialog and not a pane; the Esc key
will dismiss it either before or after inserting a symbol.

I haven't found any keyboard shortcuts that do anything with the
clipboard pane.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:
[...]

Thank you Jay, yes the Symbol "chart" as I would tend to call it is the one I meant that pops up when -in a Word" doc. - I click on Insert Symbol As for clearing the clip board witrh a keyboard shortcut, maybe it is not possible, will keep on looking. Thanks for your reply. R B