Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Pam is offline

Default How do I go to insert mode? To insert type where I have underline?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It *doesn't* work that way.

If you'll be kind enough to indicate:

What version of Word
What version of Windows
What, specifically, you want to accomplish

.... and use the big white message area to describe the situation rather than
jamming a general topic into the Subject line, I'm sure someone will be
happy to help.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How do I go to insert mode? To insert type where I have underl

If the problem is that existing text is deleted as you enter new text, you
need to turn off overtype mode. Press the Insert key once.

If you are trying to create some type of form, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm; it explains how to
"draw lines" in a document using table cell borders. (It also includes links
to a series of articles by Dian Chapman on creating protected forms.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP