Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eggs33 eggs33 is offline

Default widow/orphan again

I cannot seem to stop that option from being selected. I'd like to reformat
fifteen pages without it, reason being it is required for a submission. If I
work on each page individually , clicking it off, then it works. I cannot do
the whole document at once.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BoniM BoniM is offline

You should be able to do the whole document at once, as long as you select
the whole document at once. Try Ctrl+A to select the entire document and
then Format, Paragraph to turn off widow/orphan control. This should turn it
off for all paragraphs in the document.

"eggs33" wrote:

I cannot seem to stop that option from being selected. I'd like to reformat
fifteen pages without it, reason being it is required for a submission. If I
work on each page individually , clicking it off, then it works. I cannot do
the whole document at once.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eggs33 eggs33 is offline

I have tried that. The complete doc gets selected but when I go to para the
wid/orp is already not selected and no matter what I try I cannot change a
complete document.

"eggs33" wrote:

I cannot seem to stop that option from being selected. I'd like to reformat
fifteen pages without it, reason being it is required for a submission. If I
work on each page individually , clicking it off, then it works. I cannot do
the whole document at once.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eggs33 eggs33 is offline

It will not take a paragraph to the end of a page and split it to the next
page. I believe I've figured it out, if I remove spaces between pages and
then control A then it seems I can do a whole document. Thanks for working
with me.