Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mad For It Events Mad For It Events is offline

Default Printing to a PDF letterhead

Hi there - can anyone help - I am using Word 2003 and would like to be able
to print to a pdf that I can then email straight out to customers - this
would mean that effectively I am printing onto a letterhead - however I do
not have one stored on my PC - can anyone advise on the best way forwards for
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

There are paid for solutions such as "Abobe Acrobat" (not the reader but the
actual acrobat suite program.)

Then there are freebes such as "Cute PDF" Cute works pretty well, like a
printer and then it gives you the option to save the pdf.

you can find both by typing the key word into google search.
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner

"Mad For It Events" wrote:

Hi there - can anyone help - I am using Word 2003 and would like to be able
to print to a pdf that I can then email straight out to customers - this
would mean that effectively I am printing onto a letterhead - however I do
not have one stored on my PC - can anyone advise on the best way forwards for
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mad For It Events[_2_] Mad For It Events[_2_] is offline

Chris, thanks for this - I actually have Adobe Professional, What I am trying
to achieve is a letterhead on PDF - ie when I print an invoice from word, it
prints to a PDF that has my letterhead on it - rather like a template. I
suspect that I will need to have a word template, however am really not sure!
Rupert

"Mad For It Events" wrote:

Hi there - can anyone help - I am using Word 2003 and would like to be able
to print to a pdf that I can then email straight out to customers - this
would mean that effectively I am printing onto a letterhead - however I do
not have one stored on my PC - can anyone advise on the best way forwards for
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

Simple Word Solution:
1) Scan your Letterhead as an image
2) In word, go to:
view
header/footer
* then
insert
picture
from file
pick your scanned image of your letterhead
move and size it into place (you may have to change the wrap settings under
picture format, I usually select "behind text")
any text in the document will be written on top of that picture that is set
in the backgroud of your header

hope that helps
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner

"Mad For It Events" wrote:

Hi there - can anyone help - I am using Word 2003 and would like to be able
to print to a pdf that I can then email straight out to customers - this
would mean that effectively I am printing onto a letterhead - however I do
not have one stored on my PC - can anyone advise on the best way forwards for
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAM BAM is offline

I use AutoDoc. It's not free, nor cheap, but it's a great program and will do
exactly what you need.

http://www.iddata.nl/

Cheers.

Andrew.