Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve Steve is offline

Default Word 2003 was unable to open the data source (XL sheet)

I tried the fix below (from someone else's post) but it only got me into the
first worksheet in the workbook. I can't choose any of the other worksheets
that I need. This hadn't been a problem until today - and I have made no
major changes to either document.

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then check the box against
"Confirm conversions at open". Then when you attempt to select the data
source, try the different connection methods that are offered. One of them
should work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Actually, that seems to be a wrong answer or the answer to a different
question. When I can't open a data source in 2003, it's 'cause I renamed or
moved the data source file. Open the Word doc. When you get the message for
SQL, hit the OK button, and choose YES to continue, then click the ...
button and choose the data source file.

****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"Steve" wrote in message
I tried the fix below (from someone else's post) but it only got me into
the
first worksheet in the workbook. I can't choose any of the other
worksheets
that I need. This hadn't been a problem until today - and I have made no
major changes to either document.

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then check the box against
"Confirm conversions at open". Then when you attempt to select the data
source, try the different connection methods that are offered. One of them
should work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This hadn't been a problem until today - and I have made no
major changes to either document.

If you chose the DDE connection method, you can only get the first sheet.

If you choose the OLE Db method, what happens?

If you can't connect that way, and it is fairly easy, I would consider
reconstituing the workbook, e.g. if you have simple data and no formulas,
try exporting each sheet as .csv format then re-importing into a completely
new workbook.

You can also see http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm for some background on
the connection methods, but I hope you won't need that.

Peter Jamieson

"Steve" wrote in message
I tried the fix below (from someone else's post) but it only got me into
the
first worksheet in the workbook. I can't choose any of the other
worksheets
that I need. This hadn't been a problem until today - and I have made no
major changes to either document.

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then check the box against