Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JudyBettinsoli JudyBettinsoli is offline

Default there is no sort function for a table in my Works Word 8.5

Don't tell me to select "SORT" because I can't find a "sort" selection
anywhere. This is my problem. I click every action and check for "sort" in
every drop down. I just bought a new Dell laptop with the software installed.
On my old laptop using Word I had "sort" available under "Table" and I'm
familiar how to use it but it is NOT available option on my new laptop.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Most of the folks here are familiar with Word, and can help you with Word
issues. If you're using Works, however, that's a different matter.

If you're really using Word--and not Works--then it's possible that you
accidentally removed Sort from the menu.

If so, then you can choose Tools - Customize - Toolbars tab. Click on Menu
Bar, then click Reset. Confirm resetting the menu, then click Close.

If you're using Works, then I would suspect that sort's absence is a
different issue.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible