Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bev Bev is offline

Default How do I set Word 2007 to classic menus?

I detest the new Word 2007 look. What a waste of my money. I feel as though
Micrsoft is catering only to the gaming crowd. I'm a professional writer. I
want menus and ways to customize. I don't wnat Big Stupid Buttons on the
toolbar.

I understand Microsoft is shoving this improvement down our throats without
giving us an option to set it to the way we want to use it. I'd rather go
back to WordStar than deal with Word 2007.

Will they consider a "classic menus" option for those of us who just want to
use a word processor that doesn't look like a game?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

The new interface hasn't been kept a secret so I assume that you didn't do
any research, which seems unlikely for a professional writer.

The old interface is gone. If you want something similar there are some
add-ins available to help you with that. Patrick Schmidt (a fellow MVP) has
a nice one for a reasonable cost. I'm foregoing the add-in. The time to
learn the new interface is now, not somewhere down the road.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Bev" wrote in message
I detest the new Word 2007 look. What a waste of my money. I feel as
though
Micrsoft is catering only to the gaming crowd. I'm a professional writer.
want menus and ways to customize. I don't wnat Big Stupid Buttons on the
toolbar.

I understand Microsoft is shoving this improvement down our throats
without
giving us an option to set it to the way we want to use it. I'd rather go
back to WordStar than deal with Word 2007.

Will they consider a "classic menus" option for those of us who just want
use a word processor that doesn't look like a game?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bev Bev is offline

Hey -- you're bordering on being a witch. I've been using MS products since
1993. The menus land very nicely with each new version...until now. I'm too
damn busy to research something I have trust for over a decade.

Get off your pompous podium.

Microsoft has screwed me up big time. My client's documents are in 2003. I
installed 2007. I really need to upgrade to 2003, which is like the old
MS-DOS upgrade 20 years ago, when we "upgraded" from version 4 to 3.

"Bev" wrote in message
I detest the new Word 2007 look. What a waste of my money. I feel as
though
Micrsoft is catering only to the gaming crowd. I'm a professional writer.
want menus and ways to customize. I don't wnat Big Stupid Buttons on the
toolbar.

I understand Microsoft is shoving this improvement down our throats
without
giving us an option to set it to the way we want to use it. I'd rather go
back to WordStar than deal with Word 2007.

Will they consider a "classic menus" option for those of us who just want
use a word processor that doesn't look like a game?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

The reasonable price for the classic UI JoAnn mentioned is for free
(Starter Edition is all you need). Just get it from
http://ribboncustomizer.com and you should be somewhat back in the 2003
times.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

:

"Bev" wrote in message
I detest the new Word 2007 look. What a waste of my money. I feel as
though
Micrsoft is catering only to the gaming crowd. I'm a professional writer.
want menus and ways to customize. I don't wnat Big Stupid Buttons on the
toolbar.

I understand Microsoft is shoving this improvement down our throats
without
giving us an option to set it to the way we want to use it. I'd rather go
back to WordStar than deal with Word 2007.

Will they consider a "classic menus" option for those of us who just want
use a word processor that doesn't look like a game?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Only bordering? Darn - yesterday I would have bet I was a full-blown witch
with a capital B. I guess I was in a much better mood than I thought.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~