Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sgh Sgh is offline

Default In a sequence of (a) (b) , © I get a copyright symbol for "c"

I have been working with saving phrases in the Quick Phrase utility , and
also did download Phrase Express to learn how to use that.

Now I am typing a document with a series of (a), (b), © items, and as you
see, I am getting a © when I try to type ( c ) without the spaces.

I don't know how to undo this. Can anyone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It's AutoCorrect. You can delete that entry from the list under Tools |
AutoCorrect (permanent), or you can hit control-z directly after typing
to Undo the AutoCorrection (one time fix).

Sgh wrote:
I have been working with saving phrases in the Quick Phrase utility , and
also did download Phrase Express to learn how to use that.

Now I am typing a document with a series of (a), (b), © items, and as you
see, I am getting a © when I try to type ( c ) without the spaces.

I don't know how to undo this. Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In Word 2007, click on Office button | Word Options | Proofing |
AutoCorrect Options | AutoCorrect tab. Click on the autocorrect entry
to replace (c) with ©, and click on Delete. If you are prompted to save
changes to your Normal.dot global template when you close Word, say yes.

Sgh wrote:

I have been working with saving phrases in the Quick Phrase utility , and
also did download Phrase Express to learn how to use that.

Now I am typing a document with a series of (a), (b), © items, and as you
see, I am getting a © when I try to type ( c ) without the spaces.

I don't know how to undo this. Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Venture Venture is offline

I always hit the Backspace key one time and it makes it (c) . Then you can
go on about your business.