Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silver Fox Silver Fox is offline

Default Keyboard Shortcuts

I read a thread posted 12-22-06 [in response to a question on the - Clip
Board- in which the writer said Typing Ctrl + F1 should toggle task panes
on/off, (including the clip board). Not realizing the significance of this
shortcut I have allocated it to another function but would like to revert
back to the default setting without using the "Reset" tab which will delete
them all. Please can someone tell me the exact wording to scroll down to in
the "Customize; Keyboards; Commands:" pane to correct my error. Thanx Silver
Fox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silver Fox[_2_] Silver Fox[_2_] is offline

Silver Fox wrote:
I read a thread posted 12-22-06 [in response to a question on the -
Clip Board- in which the writer said Typing Ctrl + F1 should toggle
task panes on/off, (including the clip board). Not realizing the
significance of this shortcut I have allocated it to another function
but would like to revert back to the default setting without using
the "Reset" tab which will delete them all. Please can someone tell
me the exact wording to scroll down to in the "Customize; Keyboards;
Commands:" pane to correct my error. Thanx Silver Fox

Hello Graham. many thanks for your reply, I scrolled to "All Commands" then "Commands" and found that there are only two options available under the definition ViewT........, those of "ViewToggleMasterDocuments" & "ViewToolbars". I am using XP with SP2, any further help will be much appreciated. Silver Fox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In Word 2003 - ViewTaskPane is immediately before ViewToggleMasterDocument?
Let's try Plan B
Press Ctrl + Alt + + (on the numeric keypad)
You will get a cursor that looks like a four leaf clover.
Select the command View Task Pane from the Word menus. This should pop up
the Customize Keyboard dialog with only the Taskpane command available.

Silver Fox wrote:
I read a thread posted 12-22-06 [in response to a question on the -
Clip Board- in which the writer said Typing Ctrl + F1 should toggle
task panes on/off, (including the clip board). Not realizing the
significance of this shortcut I have allocated it to another
function but would like to revert back to the default setting
without using the "Reset" tab which will delete them all. Please
can someone tell me the exact wording to scroll down to in the
"Customize; Keyboards; Commands:" pane to correct my error. Thanx
Silver Fox

Hello Graham. many thanks for your reply, I scrolled to "All
Commands" then "Commands" and found that there are only two options
available under the definition ViewT........, those of
"ViewToggleMasterDocuments" & "ViewToolbars". I am using XP with
SP2, any further help will be much appreciated. Silver Fox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Silver Fox wrote:
I read a thread posted 12-22-06 [in response to a question on the -
Clip Board- in which the writer said Typing Ctrl + F1 should toggle
task panes on/off, (including the clip board). Not realizing the
significance of this shortcut I have allocated it to another
function but would like to revert back to the default setting
without using the "Reset" tab which will delete them all. Please
can someone tell me the exact wording to scroll down to in the
"Customize; Keyboards; Commands:" pane to correct my error. Thanx
Silver Fox

Hello Graham. many thanks for your reply, I scrolled to "All
Commands" then "Commands" and found that there are only two options
available under the definition ViewT........, those of
"ViewToggleMasterDocuments" & "ViewToolbars". I am using XP with
SP2, any further help will be much appreciated. Silver Fox

Hi Graham I followed your plan B [View on the tool bar, got the four leafed clover type cursor] only to discover that there is no Task Pane option in the drop down menu. Sorry for being a pest. Silver Fox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Silver Fox wrote:

Hi Graham I followed your plan B [View on the tool bar, got the
four leafed clover type cursor] only to discover that there is no
Task Pane option in the drop down menu. Sorry for being a pest.
Silver Fox

In that case the feature must have been introduced with Word 2003. I don't
have Word XP to check

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Silver Fox wrote:

Hi Graham I followed your plan B [View on the tool bar, got the
four leafed clover type cursor] only to discover that there is no
Task Pane option in the drop down menu. Sorry for being a pest.
Silver Fox

In that case the feature must have been introduced with Word 2003. I don't
have Word XP to check

If as Suzanne wrote : - "Or Silver Fox has adaptive menus enabled. " and this is the reason for the missing function, how do I revert back to the default settings please so it appears in the view drop down menu? S Fox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Options tab of Tools | Customize, make sure that "Always show full
menus" is checked. If it is, and that item is still not on the menu, then it
must have been introduced in Word 2003 (though that seems odd, since the
task panes were added in Word 2002).

"Silver Fox" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Or Silver Fox has adaptive menus enabled.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Silver Fox wrote:

Hi Graham I followed your plan B [View on the tool bar, got the
four leafed clover type cursor] only to discover that there is no
Task Pane option in the drop down menu. Sorry for being a pest.
Silver Fox

In that case the feature must have been introduced with Word 2003. I

don't
have Word XP to check

If as Suzanne wrote : - "Or Silver Fox has adaptive menus enabled. "

and this is the reason for the missing function, how do I revert back to
the default settings please so it appears in the view drop down menu? S Fox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

On the Options tab of Tools | Customize, make sure that "Always show full
menus" is checked. If it is, and that item is still not on the menu, then it
must have been introduced in Word 2003 (though that seems odd, since the
task panes were added in Word 2002).

Hi all. The moment I read this last comment ["I can confirm that View | Task
Pane is present in Word 2002 too.] by garfield-n-odie; I suspected I might
have an earlier version of Word and was told how to find out so for the
benefit of any who [like me] are just learning the ropes of this I.T. stuff
the simple answer is:- with a Word document on screen Help About
Microsoft Word, & up pops a pane with the details on. Discovering I have
Microsoft Word 2000 explains why the features mentioned above are not
available on my computer. Sorry for the lack of knowledge.
I have read threads in which writers have said they have upgraded to Word
2003,
is this available to download free from the web or must it be purchased?
Thankx again S Fox.

Keyboard shortcuts LurfysMa New Users 1 June 12th 07 04:06 PM
keyboard shortcuts Rupert Bear Microsoft Word Help 4 December 28th 06 03:37 PM
Keyboard Shortcuts Hango Microsoft Word Help 3 March 8th 06 03:15 PM
Macros and Keyboard Shortcuts mafixit Microsoft Word Help 2 March 23rd 05 10:00 PM
keyboard shortcuts Dave in MP Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 04 10:23 AM