Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jackieblue Jackieblue is offline

Default Mail merge new record

Hello,
I am not sure I really know how/when/whether to use New Record.
I have a spreadsheet with lists of of electricians' drawings - which are
batched.
I would like to do a mail merge in word into a table but so that the new
record happens only when the batch number changes. For example batch 1 might
have 10 drawings, batch 2 only 8.
Ideally I would like to merge into a word table, with a new table starting
every time there is a new batch number.
If that's not possible I would at least like to filter and merge only 1
batch at a time. Because of the way I am setting my table up, it is merging,
but starting a new single line table for every apartment number as opposed to
a 10 line table when the batch number changes.
What am I doing wrong ?
I hope my explanation is clear enough for somebody to be able to advise me.
Many thanks. Jackie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word isn't really designed to do this (you might be better off trying to do
it in Access, for example), but a starting point for doing this
without VBA is the MS Knowledgebase article at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211303

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Jackieblue" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jackieblue Jackieblue is offline

Thank you very much.
It looks complicated but I'm sure once I read it properly and try to use it
things will become clearer.
Thanks again.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

For various other perspectives on this problem, search Google Groups for
recent messages containing

Peter Jamieson MERGESEQ

There is still a rather complex example at

http://suzleigh.com/MERGE.aspx

but I don't know how long she will leave it up there. (I keep meaning to
progress my own samples but am not quite ready yet!)