Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lina Lina is offline

Default embedding fonts problem

Hi!
I am making a template that should include a special font that the company
has bought. My problem is that I can not embed it in the document.
When I look at the font properties ithe embeddability for the font is
"Priview & Print embedding allowed". But even if I try to embedd the font the
document does not look the same when I open it on a computer without the
specific font.
When I look at the font it says that it is a OpenType font and Postscript
outlines and it also says that it also contains adobe CFF data.
If I try to emedd it in a pptdocument it says that it can not be embedded
because it isn´t a true type font.

I tryed to read about this and as I understand Word can not embedd
Postscript outlines or fonts that include CFF data - is this true? I need a
good argument because the person who bought the font says that it should be
embeddable in word but I can not manage to do that.

Thanks
Lina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glen (TD DTP) Glen (TD DTP) is offline

You can problem embed the font in Acrobat PDF.

If you purchased the font, you problem only purchased it for legal use on
One computer, ie you can not distribute. Hence it will stop you from
embedding in a document (where the font is downloaded onto another users
machine.

Read this:
http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/..._Document.html

--
Glen (TD-DTP)
It''''s cold up here in Toronto...

"Lina" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lina Lina is offline

Thank you for your reply,
The problem is that the person who bought it says that it should go to
embedd it in Word. And it's my problem if I can not ...
Your link and this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908475 gave me the right
argument
Thanks
/Lina