Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
QX QX is offline

Default Clearing list of opened documents

Using: MS Word 2002
When you click on File New, a panel opens which lists among other
things, Open a Document with a list of the last four documents that
were opened, then an open folder icon that says "More Documents".
How do I clear the listing of the last four documents that have been
opened?
The documents have been shredded with a multipass overwrite,
but the filenames remain here.
Security reasons. Thanks in Advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
QX QX is offline

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:24:28 -0800, QX wrote:

Using: MS Word 2002
When you click on File New, a panel opens which lists among other
things, Open a Document with a list of the last four documents that
were opened, then an open folder icon that says "More Documents".
How do I clear the listing of the last four documents that have been
opened?
The documents have been shredded with a multipass overwrite,
but the filenames remain here.
Security reasons. Thanks in Advance.

Found it at Tools OptionsGeneral Recently Used file list, and
setting it to blank which also cleared the check select.
That effectively cleared the filename list out. Resetting it to a
value,closing Word and reopening it did not cause the file names to
re-appear. I now keep it set to blank unchecked.