Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Littlebear

Default Copying Toolbar Buttons?

Can I copy a toolbar button for placement elsewhere?

Or is my only option to move it?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

What are you trying to accomplish by copying it?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Littlebear" wrote:

Can I copy a toolbar button for placement elsewhere?

Or is my only option to move it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Yes, you can copy buttons (have the same button on two or more toolbars).
Hold down both Ctrl and Alt while you drag the button from one place to
another. When you reach a valid spot to drop it, the cursor will have a
small plus sign attached to it. (To move a button, hold down just Alt.)

An alternative is to open the Tools Customize dialog. Then you don't need
the Alt key; just dragging moves the button, while Ctrl plus dragging copies
it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Littlebear wrote:
Can I copy a toolbar button for placement elsewhere?

Or is my only option to move it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Littlebear

I want to copy the Shading button from the Tables and Borders onto my
Formatting toolbar, without taking it off the original toolbar, if possible.
Without compromising original toolbar structure.

"Littlebear" wrote:

Can I copy a toolbar button for placement elsewhere?

Or is my only option to move it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Yes. Tools|Customize|Borders|and drag the shading icon up to the toolbar of
your choice.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Littlebear" wrote:

Can I copy a toolbar button for placement elsewhere?

Or is my only option to move it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Yes. With the customize dialog showing, Ctrl-drag it where you want it.

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.