Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Claude Claude is offline

Default WhyRecipients of my email attach cant open word documents anymor?

I just switched to windows 7 as well as trial word 2007. Recipients of my
email attachments cannot open word documents anymore. I get feedback like:
This is a cold fusion markup file. Please forward in Word, Wordpad or copy
and paste into the body of the email.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Claude" wrote in message
I just switched to windows 7 as well as trial word 2007. Recipients of my
email attachments cannot open word documents anymore. I get feedback like:
This is a cold fusion markup file. Please forward in Word, Wordpad or copy
and paste into the body of the email.

Office 2007 uses a new form of Office document type by default, OOXML. Prior
versions of Office can't read this type of document natively.
You have two options:
1. Do a "Save As" and choose 97-2003 document format (or set Office 2007 to
use the old formats by default. Do Office Button-Word Options-Save)
2. Get your recipients to install the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack. (This
has the added advantage of giving them all the new fonts that are in 2007)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The default file format for Word 2007 (regardless of what version of Windows
you have) is new and cannot be read by Word 2003 or earlier unless they
install the Conversion Pack. To make your documents compatible with older
versions of Word, you must save them in "Word 97-2003 (*.doc)" format
instead of "Word (*.docx)" format.

You can change the format for a single document in the Save As dialog by
using the "Save as type" dropdown. Or you can go to Office button Word
Options Save and change the "Save files in this format" dropdown to set
the default for all documents.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman