Paul

Default PDF format

How to do convert a Word 2002 (XP) document to a PDF file?
(are those the correct letters?) Do I need to buy a
special program?
This site is fantastic! Paul

Yes, those are the right letters if you're referring to Adobe's Portable
Document Format. The premier (in every sense) application for making the
conversion is Adobe Acrobat, but it is quite expensive. Other apps are
available free or at lower cost; in general, they are less full-featured
than Acrobat but may do what you need.

"Paul" wrote in message
How to do convert a Word 2002 (XP) document to a PDF file?
(are those the correct letters?) Do I need to buy a
special program?
This site is fantastic! Paul

Paul

Thnak you very much. I do have Adobe, but I do not know
how to create the PDF file.
Yes, those are the right letters if you're referring to

Adobe's Portable
Document Format. The premier (in every sense)

application for making the
conversion is Adobe Acrobat, but it is quite expensive.

Other apps are
available free or at lower cost; in general, they are

less full-featured
than Acrobat but may do what you need.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups

to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Paul" wrote in

message
How to do convert a Word 2002 (XP) document to a PDF

file?
(are those the correct letters?) Do I need to buy a
special program?
This site is fantastic! Paul

.

Most versions of Acrobat have a Word toolbar that is added by the
PDFMaker.dot add-in that is loaded when Word starts. This supplies a Convert
to PDF button for one-click conversion and some other buttons and menus for
customizing the conversion. If Acrobat was installed after Word, you should
have the toolbar; if before, you may need to reinstall to get the add-in. Or
it may be that the add-in is not in Word's Startup folder.

"Paul" wrote in message
[...]

Graham Mayor

You need the full version of Acrobat - not merely the free reader. If you
don't have this there are some cheaper alternative suggestions linked from
the favourites page of my web site.

"Paul" wrote in message
How to do convert a Word 2002 (XP) document to a PDF file?
(are those the correct letters?) Do I need to buy a
special program?
This site is fantastic! Paul

.

Michael Reeve

Paul wrote:
How to do convert a Word 2002 (XP) document to a PDF file?
(are those the correct letters?) Do I need to buy a
special program?
This site is fantastic! Paul

http://www.pdf995.com/

This company offers a free conversion utility. I cant vouch for the
quality of the program though as I havent used it more than once or twice
Paul

Michael, thank you. I just found out I can do the PDF
through Adobe Acrobat, which I have. I just don't know
how to do it. Do you? Also, I'm gong to the site you
recommended.