Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kelvin Beaton Kelvin Beaton is offline

Default Have trouble with letter head and first page different

I have a template that's setup with letter head.
Now I want to create a document that has more then one page.
I want the letter head to only be on the first page.
When I go into Page Setup\Layout and select "Different first page" my letter
head ends up on the second page and the first page has no header.

Should I have done something different?
Do I have to create a two page template to make this work?

Is it possible to tell Word that you want the current header and footer on
the first page the rest different?

Thanks

Kelvin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for instructions for
starting from a blank template, and for general background.

When you select "Different first page" in the Layout dialog, Word creates a
separate header and footer for the first page, and anything you already had
in the header or footer is assigned to the ones for the rest of the pages.
The easiest thing to do now is to open the header pane for page 2, select
and cut everything there, click the Previous button on the Header toolbar to
go to the First Page header, and paste the text there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman