Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tom Tom is offline

Default why is Word's image resizing so much crisper than with Snagit or Paint Sho Pro?

I noticed that when I resize images in Word to a smaller size, they
look much crisper than when I resize them in Snagit or Paint Shop Pro.
Why is that?

This is a problem because I am actually not using Word as my resizing
editor.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Tom

Tom wrote:
I noticed that when I resize images in Word to a smaller size, they
look much crisper than when I resize them in Snagit or Paint Shop Pro.
Why is that?

"Picture" can mean a great deal. Basically, there are two types: vector,
and bitmap.

I doubt Word can resize bitmap pictures better than SnagIt or PSP (both
are applications to handle exactly such pictures). This leads me to
beleive you are trying to resize vector grafics with bitmap software.
Wrong tool for the job.

This is a problem because I am actually not using Word as my resizing
editor.

Well, then use it! :-)

Seriously, since you are most probably dealing with vector or mixed
graphic types, resize them in Word. Save as HTML. Locate the picture
files in the subfolder where you have saved.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tom Tom is offline

I'm just taking screenshots using alt+print screen.

I found a workaround to resizing in RoboHelp. I just input the image
full size and resize it there, rather than resizing it prior to loading
it. Doing so works because when I output to Word, it retains the
resizing, but with the crisp image.

how to replace a template image with my own image jude Page Layout 5 July 25th 06 02:35 AM
redundant words ambrozia Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 05 08:45 PM
How many times are words used in a document. Marker Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 04:55 AM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 10:17 PM
how do you flip rotate/mirror image text (words) BJI925 Microsoft Word Help 1 November 25th 04 11:51 PM