Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tjsmags tjsmags is offline

Default Confused with folded booklet printing

I created an address directory booklet. I want it to be an 8 1/2 x 11 piece
of paper turned sideways and then print 4 pages of info on one sheet of
paper. I looked up help on how to print this and cannot get it right.

I have an HP Photosmart printer and I have the 'print both sides' set to
automatic. There's so much more on the printing options that I don't
understand.

How can I find out how to set up the settings in both Word and my printer so
that it prints out correctly?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Yvonnej Yvonnej is offline

You should be able to go into the printer properties, i.e.
File/print/properties and select booklet from there. On my printer it is
under the duplex tab
--
YvonneJ

"tjsmags" wrote:

I created an address directory booklet. I want it to be an 8 1/2 x 11 piece
of paper turned sideways and then print 4 pages of info on one sheet of
paper. I looked up help on how to print this and cannot get it right.

I have an HP Photosmart printer and I have the 'print both sides' set to
automatic. There's so much more on the printing options that I don't
understand.

How can I find out how to set up the settings in both Word and my printer so
that it prints out correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tjsmags tjsmags is offline

Yes, but it seems to be not printing the correct pages on ONE sheet and it
turns the data upside down when it automatically prints the back side of the
sheet. And, the booklet is 10 pages long and it doesn't seem like Word is
putting the correct pages on ONE sheet.

I'm doing a FOLDED booklet. So, the first side of the sheet should be
printing the top/cover page of the booklet and the last page. Then, when it
automatically does the other side of the sheet, it should be printing page 2
and page 9 (which is the page before the last page of 10).

It just doesn't seem like Word has the booklet printing the way it should
and maybe it's because I've been playing around with the printer settings.
There's so many options both in Word (duplex printing) and in my printer
settings (two-sided duplex printing, right-end booklet, left-end booklet). I
don't know what to choose to make it work.

"tjsmags" wrote:

I created an address directory booklet. I want it to be an 8 1/2 x 11 piece
of paper turned sideways and then print 4 pages of info on one sheet of
paper. I looked up help on how to print this and cannot get it right.

I have an HP Photosmart printer and I have the 'print both sides' set to
automatic. There's so much more on the printing options that I don't
understand.

How can I find out how to set up the settings in both Word and my printer so
that it prints out correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Make sure that the number of pages in the booklet is a multiple of four.
Your problem is that your booklet is 10 pages long; it will have to be 12
(add blank pages as needed). Your page pairs will be:

12 and 1
2 and 11

10 and 3
4 and 9

8 and 5
6 and 7

Then go to your printer Properties and change the way the printer "flips"
the second side. For landscape pages, you want to choose "Short side."