Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ILT14 ILT14 is offline

Default Letters laying on top of one and other

I am having trouble with Ariel 12 font. One letter sits dirrectly on top of
the other, so if you type a six letter word all six letters occupy one space.
If I change font size or font type the problem disappears.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SUxUMTQ=?=,

I am having trouble with Ariel 12 font. One letter sits dirrectly on top of
the other, so if you type a six letter word all six letters occupy one space.
If I change font size or font type the problem disappears.

Sounds like the Arial font might be damaged. I don't know the exact steps for
removing / repairing a damaged font. You might try asking in the
public.word.printingfonts newsgroup, through this interface:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ILT14 ILT14 is offline

Thanks for that Cindy, but since having my problem and discussing it with
others, it apparently happens in size 12 in most other fonts at odd times.
So I don't think it is a damaged font, but I am going to re-install the
fonts.
You can get over it by moving up or down a font size, or by shutting down
word and reopening it.
A friend works in education and during one IT exam it happened on 2 students
machines out of 20.
This has only happened since changing to Word 2003. So perhaps it a glitch
like the white space one.

Hi ?B?SUxUMTQ=?=,