Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott Scott is offline

Default Layout

How do I restore the original factory settings for my layout.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can restore *all* of Word's settings to the default by renaming
Normal.dot (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...cNotBlank.htm),
but that may be more drastic than you want. If you just want to reset the
margins and such, let us know what you want and we can supply the needed
defaults.

"Scott" wrote in message
How do I restore the original factory settings for my layout.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
blu_lagoon blu_lagoon is offline

"Scott" wrote:

How do I restore the original factory settings for my layout.

Scott, click File, Page Setup and Default (bottom left corner)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

If I do File Page Setup and click the Default button, I get a message
telling me that this will change the default in normal.dot (to the settings
shown in the File Page Setup dialog). And thereafter, any new document
based on normal.dot uses those settings.

That is, the Default button changes the default to my preferred settings.

I think that Scott wanted to change the settings back to the out-of-the-box
condition.

So clicking the Default button won't help him here.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word