Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joel Joel is offline

Default Text outside margins

I am having trouble with text that wraps outside (to the left) of my
left margin.
I have read previous posts on this and I do not have any negative
indents set.
The first line of the paragraph is where it should be but folllowing
lines are at 0 instead of at the 0.7" left margin I set. I have some
paragraphs that are ok and I tried using the format paint brush to
apply the correct formatting from the good paragraphs to the bad ones
but it had no effect. Any ideas?

Thanks - Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joel Joel is offline

I am pretty sure, when I highlight the paragraph and go to
FomatParagraph the Indentation, Special field is set to None and the
preview is showing all lines indented not just the first line. But is
is acting like the first line is being indented.

Joel

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Are you sure you set a 0.7" left indent and not a 0.7" first-line indent?

"Joel" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having trouble with text that wraps outside (to the left) of my
left margin.
I have read previous posts on this and I do not have any negative
indents set.
The first line of the paragraph is where it should be but folllowing
lines are at 0 instead of at the 0.7" left margin I set. I have some
paragraphs that are ok and I tried using the format paint brush to
apply the correct formatting from the good paragraphs to the bad ones
but it had no effect. Any ideas?

Thanks - Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Is there a tab there? Display nonprinting characters to see.

oups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Are you sure you set a 0.7" left indent and not a 0.7" first-line

indent?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Joel" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having trouble with text that wraps outside (to the left) of my
left margin.
I have read previous posts on this and I do not have any negative
indents set.
The first line of the paragraph is where it should be but folllowing
lines are at 0 instead of at the 0.7" left margin I set. I have some
paragraphs that are ok and I tried using the format paint brush to
apply the correct formatting from the good paragraphs to the bad ones
but it had no effect. Any ideas?

Thanks - Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joel Joel is offline

No, I don't see any tabs.

Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Send me a chunk of the problem text (as a Word doc attached to an email),
and I'll take a look. Oh, before you do that, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

"Joel" wrote in message
ps.com...
No, I don't see any tabs.

Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joel Joel is offline

Done!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To follow up on this for anyone else who was following it, the problem
turned out to be a Square-wrapped text box (anchored to the header) in the
left margin. Changing the wrapping to Behind Text solved the problem.

"Joel" wrote in message
ups.com...
Done!