Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Polo Polo is offline

Default How do I print booklet with half-page?

Using Word 2003. Have formatted a 24 page document with A5 page layout and
would like to print in booklet form on A4 paper (i.e. 2 pages on each side of
A4 paper). I have tried everything I can think of in terms of page layout
(multipage, landscape, etc) and print options (duplex, preserve layout, etc)
and have not been able to achieve my objective. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Polo Polo is offline

Thanks, Suzanne. I thought that was going to be the only solution. When you
say paper size do you mean in the page layout? If so, then the trouble is I
have graphics and watermarks that all go out of place when I change the paper
size. Trouble is I got it to print correctly once before I just can't figure
out how I did it. I created the document with an A5 layout because I want to
control how much information goes on each page and I want the final booklet
print to be in 12 point.

"Polo" wrote in message
Using Word 2003. Have formatted a 24 page document with A5 page layout

and
would like to print in booklet form on A4 paper (i.e. 2 pages on each side

of
A4 paper). I have tried everything I can think of in terms of page layout
(multipage, landscape, etc) and print options (duplex, preserve layout,

etc)
and have not been able to achieve my objective. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you change the paper size to A4 and select "Book fold," your layout
should not change at all. The same would be true if you selected A4 and "2
pages per sheet." Both of these options create two A5 pages on a single A4
sheet. This is entirely different from using "2 pages per sheet" in the
Print dialog, which does change the size of the page/type. If you want to do
it all manually, however, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Change the paper size to A4 and select "Book fold" for "Multiple pages"

on
the Margins tab of Page Setup.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.