Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Carol Carol is offline

Default graphics insert in an automatic table cell

This is driving me nuts! I insert a graphic and the graphic is automatically
placed in the document with a table cell. This moves everything around. How
do I change the default? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Maybe you need to select Options from the Tools menu and go to the General
tab and uncheck the box against "Automatically create drawing canvas when
inserting AutoShapes"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.