Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sandra Scarlett Sandra Scarlett is offline

Default where are my side rulers in Works Suite 2000?

I felt very comfortable using Works Suite 2000 on my previous computer, so
loaded this onto my new computer. However, when I open a Word document, I
cannot see side rulers. I used to be able to alter the top and bottom
margins, by using these rulers. Also, my background screen to the documents
was grey, and there was a clear difference between each page. Now the
background is blue, and the pages appear to be continuous. And what's
happened to Mr Paper Clip? I would be grateful for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Tools | Options | View: Vertical ruler. And make sure Ruler is checked on
the View menu. If your background is blue, perhaps you've changed the window
color?

"Sandra Scarlett" Sandra wrote in
message ...
I felt very comfortable using Works Suite 2000 on my previous computer, so
loaded this onto my new computer. However, when I open a Word document, I
cannot see side rulers. I used to be able to alter the top and bottom
margins, by using these rulers. Also, my background screen to the

documents
was grey, and there was a clear difference between each page. Now the
background is blue, and the pages appear to be continuous. And what's
happened to Mr Paper Clip? I would be grateful for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sandra Scarlett Sandra Scarlett is offline

I've clicked on tools, then options, but I can't see "View". It just shows
the measurements in centimetres. The screen reads at the top "Microsoft
Works Word Processor". I loaded all the discs, and the label on disc one
reads "Microsoft Works Suite 2000 Set-up", then on the next line it reads
"Microsoft Word 2000".

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View: Vertical ruler. And make sure Ruler is checked on
the View menu. If your background is blue, perhaps you've changed the window
color?

"Sandra Scarlett" Sandra wrote in
message ...
I felt very comfortable using Works Suite 2000 on my previous computer, so
loaded this onto my new computer. However, when I open a Word document, I
cannot see side rulers. I used to be able to alter the top and bottom
margins, by using these rulers. Also, my background screen to the

documents
was grey, and there was a clear difference between each page. Now the
background is blue, and the pages appear to be continuous. And what's
happened to Mr Paper Clip? I would be grateful for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You are using the Works Word Processor rather than Word. Whether you
actually have Word installed or not, I can't say.

"Sandra Scarlett" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View: Vertical ruler. And make sure Ruler is checked

on
the View menu. If your background is blue, perhaps you've changed the

window
color?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sandra Scarlett" Sandra wrote in
message ...
I felt very comfortable using Works Suite 2000 on my previous

computer, so
loaded this onto my new computer. However, when I open a Word

document, I
cannot see side rulers. I used to be able to alter the top and bottom
margins, by using these rulers. Also, my background screen to the

documents
was grey, and there was a clear difference between each page. Now the
background is blue, and the pages appear to be continuous. And what's
happened to Mr Paper Clip? I would be grateful for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sandra Scarlett Sandra Scarlett is offline

You have been so helpful. Thanks very much. I'm going to uninstall, and
then reinstall in the hope that I can get Word. Thanks again.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have a look at "Works Suite 2000: How to Install Individual Programs
Included in Works Suite 2000" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=245829. This may save you the
uninstall/reinstall. This assumes that Word is not present on the Task
Launcher.

"Sandra Scarlett" wrote in
message ...