Jan

Default reduce file size of large mail merge with logo

I have a mail merge form that includes a picture of company logo. Data that
is being merged may result in a document with 100 pages. I have some
documents as a result of the merge that have files sizes of 10MB, 18MB, etc.

This document then has to be sent to individuals via email. I know I can
zip the file but many of the end users do not know how to unzip; nor do I
know if they have an unzip program.

Is there "special" way to insert the company logo that may help reduce the
file size?

TIA
Jan
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmFu?=,

The only alternative would be to link in the graphics file. But then the email
recipient is unlikely to see the graphic.

I have a mail merge form that includes a picture of company logo. Data that
is being merged may result in a document with 100 pages. I have some
documents as a result of the merge that have files sizes of 10MB, 18MB, etc.

This document then has to be sent to individuals via email. I know I can
zip the file but many of the end users do not know how to unzip; nor do I
know if they have an unzip program.

Is there "special" way to insert the company logo that may help reduce the
file size?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org