Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Templates behaving badly

I'm having problems with documents and templates. I make changes to a style,
click "Add to template", everything looks right and I save everything, but
when I reopen the document, I've lost those changes. I'm not a newbie and
have done a lot with templates but I can't find what is causing this. In one
case, the faulty style (which happens to be List Bullet 2) appears two or
even three times in the style list. I can delete the extra ones but they
reappear when I reopen, and the correct formatting has been lost. The style
definition shows "no style" for "based on". What else could be affecting this?
Another thing that goes wrong is the "Header" style, which loses left-justify
and goes to centered. Can a whole template inherit from another whole
template? Or maybe is there a poltergeist originating in Redmond?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN