Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
materialhandlingmarketer materialhandlingmarketer is offline

Default Can protected ranges prohibit me from mailmerging labels?

I am working with a database of customer names and addresses in Excel 1003.
Naturally, each one has a salesperson. Just for fun, I tried sorting by
salesperson, and naming that range after the salesperson, intending to allow
that salesperson to update only his customers.

As soon as I sorted the customers back into customer name order, the range
names kind of disappeared and I forgot about them, at least until I went into
Mail Merge and tried to print labels for some of the customers. Word does
not allow me to format the labels.

I suspected that it had something to do with the range names, so I deleted
the range names. I also tried copying the names I needed for labels into
another workbook entirely, but I still cannot set up the labels.

Am I right that I messed up by naming the ranges and protecting them? If
so, are there any easy fixes?

If there are not any easy fixes, are there any hard ones? I would
appreciate it if you would not suggest getting a proper CRM. With six
salespeople we cannot agree on a format everybody likes. And unfortunately,
it's not a huge list--it's my job to grow it.

Blessings!
materialhandlingmarketer

Mailmerging Labels CVS Mailmerge 1 December 10th 07 02:19 PM
Template - prohibit saving Marshfield Microsoft Word Help 1 August 18th 07 07:21 AM
Prohibit to delete comments of others kobeting Microsoft Word Help 1 November 9th 06 02:15 PM
Can I restrict or prohibit direct formating? Larry Root Microsoft Word Help 3 February 7th 06 12:19 PM
How to prohibit saving a file in Word 97? NTO Microsoft Word Help 3 February 24th 05 11:36 PM