Mohawk

Default How do I install Chinese grammar checker?

I am using Windows XP. I need to check my Chinese grammar for my Word
documents. All other functions are installed, I can see Chinese fonts, I can
write in Chinese. I just need a grammar checker and I don't want to buy the
Office 2003 Editions Proofing Tools CD since it has 49 languages I will never
use.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thomas Campitelli

Have you considered OpenOffice.org? It is a very capable, open-source,
office suite that has quite an international focus. I cannot read the
page because I don't have the correct fonts, but I included a link for
Open Office in Chinese.

http://zh.openoffice.org/

I wish you luck.

Thomas Campitelli

Mohawk wrote:
I am using Windows XP. I need to check my Chinese grammar for my Word
documents. All other functions are installed, I can see Chinese fonts, I can
write in Chinese. I just need a grammar checker and I don't want to buy the
Office 2003 Editions Proofing Tools CD since it has 49 languages I will never
use.
Any help will be appreciated.

Mohawk

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your advice. Open office was among the several things I tried
before posting my question. They do have the version of their web site in
Chinese, but the software itself does not even have grammar checker
capabilities in English, let alone in Chinese . . . good software though.

Thanks again for the advice.

Best,

Fidel

Mohawk wrote:
I am using Windows XP. I need to check my Chinese grammar for my Word
documents. All other functions are installed, I can see Chinese fonts, I can
write in Chinese. I just need a grammar checker and I don't want to buy the
Office 2003 Editions Proofing Tools CD since it has 49 languages I will never
use.
Any help will be appreciated.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TW9oYXdr?=,

I am using Windows XP. I need to check my Chinese grammar for my Word
documents. All other functions are installed, I can see Chinese fonts, I can
write in Chinese. I just need a grammar checker and I don't want to buy the
Office 2003 Editions Proofing Tools CD since it has 49 languages I will never
use.

If you didn't buy a Chinese version of Office, and don't buy the proofing tools,
you can't get the grammar checker. (The Chinese version would include the
English proofing tools)

Creating proofing tools of any good standard is work, and therefore
cost-intensive. It's not reasonable to expect any company to provide something
of this nature free-of-charge.

As to the number of languages on the CD: used to be, you had to buy a separate
package for each language. And those packages cost as much (or more) than the
entire CD for all the languages does, today.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)